About Washington Metro Oasis
If you are looking for some adventure, a way to connect with others and stay active, Oasis is a good place to start.
Be one of thousands of older adults nationwide pursuing new passions, taking charge of their health and discovering the joy of giving back to the community through volunteer opportunities at a local Oasis. Look through our course catalog today and find something new to try. Bring along a friend!
Registration is easy!
- Click on the catalog cover to download a pdf version of the catalog.
- You can register online for classes or trips. Please take a look at our how-to-register page for online registration instructions.
- Paper registrations will be processed beginning at 10:30 a.m. on registration day (Friday, January 3 for Trips and Monday, January 6 for Classes.) in the order they were received.
- Credit cards are the preferred form of payment.
- If you’d prefer to mail in your registration, download the Trip registration form or Class registration form.
Here are a few examples of what’s coming up at Washington Metro Oasis:
Gain the skills and confidence you need to stay connected in a tech-driven world with our many classes for older adults, where you can learn what you need to know.
Not sure which technology classes you are ready for? Take this Computer Self-Assessment Quiz.
Strengthen your core, build your strength and endurance with a wide variety of exercise and fitness classes. There are so many, it’s hard to pick.
It’s never too late to learn. Many older adults who have discovered Oasis will tell you they are just getting started. Find something in our course catalog that makes you curious and sign up today. You might just land on a new passion!
Come in from the cold this winter to join Oasis friends for lectures, discussions, music and more.
New program highlights include:
- Sports attorney, Phil Hochberg, in conversation with former Redskin Charles Mann (#504) and with Jane Leavy, author of a new book about Babe Ruth (#431).
- Stuart Schwartz, former editor and producer for ABC-TV network news, takes us behind the scenes of today’s network news (#411).
- Life-enriching classes, including how to take better pictures with your phone (#125) and an art workshop, The Colors of You (#514).
- Retired Foreign Service officer and captivating speaker Molly Williamson discussing global perspectives on climate change (#128).
- Lindley Vann, distinguished Professor Emeritus of Architecture, UMD, on the city of Pompeii, before and after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius (#232).
- John Whyte, Chief Medical Officer, WebMD, on the Blue Zones, places in the world where people live longer, healthier lives (#417).
It’s YOUR time to expand your horizons, try a new exercise class, join a discussion group, or explore our volunteer opportunities!
We look forward to seeing you here!
The Oasis Team